The Investment Income Generation screen helps automate the process of recording distributions, dividends, and accruals for investments.
This is achieved by using ASX and UUT income data and estimating the expected income transactions based on how many units are recorded in each investment account.
Corporate Actions / Distribution Tax Components
Note that Corporate Actions (including DRP transactions) and Distribution Tax Components are not processed on the Investment Income Generation screen.
Please see the following articles for instructions on each process:
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Individual.||
|Select Investment Income Generation from the list.||
The Investment Income Generation screen will display each investment grouped by type along with the calculated Investment Income Data and Ledger Data currently entered into the system:
- To post transactions, first, ensure the desired Income type is selected.
The income type selected will determine which transaction is posted:
|23800 - Distributions||23800/INVESTMENT|
|23900 - Dividends||23900/INVESTMENT|
|61800 - Receivable||
IF 61800/INVESTMENT does have an existing Debit balance:
IF 61800/INVESTMENT does not have an existing Debit balance:
- For each transaction required, click the check box in the left column
- Once all transactions have been selected, click Post Amounts:
- The Investment Income Generation screen will update the ledger data with the new transactions. When this matches the estimated income displayed, the transaction will be coloured green:
The transactions can also be located in the transaction list. These are all posted against a clearing account (92000/Investment Income Data Clearing Account):
To delete any transactions created using the Investment Income Generation screen, simply delete the transaction from the Transaction List:
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Accounting.||
|Select Transaction List from the list.||
- Find the transactions you want to delete. You can search for the investment, payment date, or amount to find the necessary transactions:
- Select the check box to the left of the transactions:
- Click Delete: