BGL Smart Docs - CGT requires a PDF version of the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report to import investment data into Simple Invest 360.
Note: Software Version Requirements
If you are unable to see the Unrealised Capital Gains Report, please check that the Software has been updated to at least the 2021.0 version.
If an update is required, go to the BGL Client Centre > Your Support > Software Downloads to download the latest update for Simple Ledger.
There are two methods of exporting the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report from Simple Ledger 2021.0:
A) Via Report Preview (recommended method)
1. Click on the Preview button next to the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report
2. At the top of the report preview, ensure ‘Export to File’ is selected from the drop-down and click on the PDF button.
- Select location to save export to.
B) Via Investment Reports tab
1. From the Investment Reports tab, ensure that only the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report has a ‘1’ next to it. This is because Smart Docs - CGT (Beta) prefers only a CGT report without other reports within the same file.
Note, you can clear current selections within the Investment Report tab by clicking the clear all button:
Once cleared, input a ‘1’ next to the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report.
2. Click on the PDF export button to export the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gains Report to PDF for uploading into Smart Docs - CGT (Beta) for importation into Simple Invest 360.
3. The report will be displayed and also saved within the SLEDGER\<Ledger Folder>\
Whilst preparing the Detailed Unrealised Capital Gain Report, you may encounter the following warning message:
The purpose of this message is to alert the users that Investment account(s) have been detected without a security attached in the chart of accounts.
For the purpose of migrating data across to Simple Invest 360, it is a prerequisite that a security must be attached where the investment account option is ticked in the chart of accounts.
Investment accounts without a security attached will display their account names in red.